Mapping help Tutorials for Half-Life & Mods
Note: Servers are flaky, websites go down - these are facts of life. It may be wise to save to your harddrive any tutorials here (and eslewhere) that may interest you.
For more info see my mapping Links page,
lots of other tutorials listed there.
- Mapping terms definitions FAQ - kinda long
>> You can also download this FAQ/Glossary in a help file format made by NMEwithin: here, so you will will always have it to hand. It contains the FAQ, and also links to handy tutorials and compile errors which this FAQ does not cover.
- Wad Texture types - more info than the HL SDK! But this is NOT a how to make textures tutorial!
- Texture dimensions vs. appearance, memory, and r_speeds is about the ideal sizing of textures you make.
- Ways of Reducing R_speeds & lag covering a complex subject.
- Climbing - including ladders, cliffs, ropes, stairs, ramps and jumping.
- Errors from compiling, mapping and some in game. Causes and solutions.
- How to make Overviews for HLTV/HDTV. It can be tricky and frustrating, I hope this helps!
- Tommy's version of CS Expert fgd 7.8 extended with notes and a few minor additions & changes.
- You can also download the cs_doors map,
an educational map designed to help mappers learn how to do doors, windows, plants, ect.
It comes with the source files.
- For a CS wad, download DOORWAD.ZIP.
copyright (c) January 2003 Tommy of Escondido